Founded in 2005
An all Volunteer Organization – No Salaries, Unnecessary Assets, or Expensive Overhead.
97 % of Donations received are administered directly to the communities and children in Nicaragua.
Established and regulated as a 501(c)3 Charitable Organization since 2006.
Fun Casa Unida Facts:
- We have given over 300 goats purchased by our donors to families and villages in Nicaragua
- We have given over 200 micro farm loans of $100-$500 to family farmers in Nicaragua
- By 2014, we will have manufactured, distributed, installed, and educated the users of over 275 bio sand water filters deployed into remote homes.
- Walk thru Somoto, Nicaragua and ask most anyone if they know Bob Moore or Brother Denis from Casa Unida. First a smile. Then a Yes!
- Over 200 different volunteers from the USA have travelled with Casa Unida at their own expense to work side by side with Nicaraguans during our annual “Summer In Service” trips. Many come back with us year after year!
- Every one of our volunteers carries “suitcase # 2” from the USA full of donation items that are quickly distributed via Brother Denis and his outreach programs to select families in need.
- Eskimo is great Ice Cream. We love it. Too much. Did we mention Eskimo is great Ice Cream?
- In Somoto, the greeting coming or going is “Adio” drop the “s”